Many won't be able to make it home this Christmas for various reasons. Both Globe and Line realize this, especially for the Philippines where millions of Overseas Foreign Workers (OFWs) come from. So for a limited time, Globe and Line have teamed up to make the separation during the holidays more bearable for OFWs and their loved ones here in the Philippines.
For nine days, from December 24, 2014 (12 AM) to January 1, 2015 (11:59 PM), Manila time, all Line users worldwide will be able to call Globe/Touch Mobile (TM) subscribers for FREE.
|Globe's SVP for International Business Rizza Maniego-Eala of Globe with Line's Greg Kim|
|(L-R): Globe's Carmina Villo, Line's Greg Kim, Globe's Gil Genio & Rizza Maniego Eala|
Globe Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer Gil Genio says, “At Globe, we know how much Filipinos value relationships, which is why we continuously strive to provide them with groundbreaking means to stay connected with those that matter most. Our partnership with LINE allows overseas Filipinos worldwide to share the joys of a truly Pinoy-one-of-a-kind Christmas with their loved ones despite being separated by distance”.
LINE users around the world through their smartphones can now have their holiday greetings heard for free by Globe and TM customers from Christmas Eve all the way to New Year’s Day with Line Premium Call function which allows users to make a call from LINE to Globe and TM numbers. This is different from a Line-to-Line call where anyone worldwide with Line installed can call another Line user anywhere in the world. This one lets you call a non-Line person on Globe or TM.
Here's how it works:
1. The person abroad first has to download the Line app into his mobile phone. Line is available on the Apple Store or Google Play.
2. If he wants to initiate a call to Globe or TM subscriber, that person first clicks on "More" to access other Line features.
3. Next, he should click on "Premium Call". First timers to Premium Call will see this screen. He/she just needs to agree to terms of Line and press Start. Previous Premium Call users will see the keypad right away.
4. Select "Philippines" as destination country in dropdown menu above the keypad to reveal international prefix +63. The calling person just has to key in the Globe or TM number (9xxxxxxxxx) and will be entitled to a free call instead of being charged the usual Line premium call rates. (Note: The free calls are only good from Dec. 24, 2014, 12 AM to Jan. 1, 2015, 11:59 PM, Manila time).
(Update: I tried out the call today, Dec. 24, and called my friend, Noemi. I noticed that this promo gives us 100 minutes FREE to use during promo duration.)
5. The called party's Globe or TM mobile number must be physically in the Philippines. If the party being called is also abroad and on roaming, there could be other charges from the international carrier.
This innovative offer allows the power of VOIP (voice-over-internet protocol) to reach offline Globe or TM loved ones at absolutely no cost.
Have a wonderful Christmas! Thanks, Globe and Line!